photo normalfont_zps57c626d0.png

pages2

DIY Upholstered Headboard

About a year ago I was in desperate need of headboard, but was looking for something on the cheaper side since it was only going in a dorm room. I found a simple tutorial that worked out well. It ended up holding up better than I expected, and has made it to my new apartment!


Materials:

2 pieces of plywood: Home Depot
Fabric: Fabric Yard
 Quilt Batting: Joann's
Staple Gun: Home Depot
Liquid Nails: Home Depot 

I did change a couple things from the original tutorial. I used quilt batting instead of a mattress topper, and only used Liquid Nails, rather than screwing each individual square into the back piece of plywood. I also found it cheaper to purchase the 4x8 ft. plywood and have them cut it for me rather than buying the individual squares. I did get some strange looks from the workers at Home Depot when I was telling them what the wood was for, that is for sure. 

With love,
Nicole

2 comments: